Monday 19 November 2007

Monday 19th..........

An early start, but for others it was even earlier. I passed my mother's room at 6.05am and she was sitting on the bed, dressed and cold. All I could do was to help her under the covers to get warm and then I went back to be until 7.30am.



My early start was for an appointment at the Doctors to give a blood sample. The results were needed to make a more informed decision about the gallbladder problem I have. It seems that Paul, a slightly gay male nurse, was taking blood for multiple tests. I ask if it could include cholesterol, so he ticked the box. The way he put his gloves on you would think he was lining up for an internal, but I missed the joy of that. And I'm glad he didn't say " .....you'll feel a small prick!"



Because of the morning visit to the surgery, I had to leave going to the village Post Office until the afternoon. It gave me the excuse to drive up the hill to Five Turnings, the highest point in our area. It was beautiful. Clear, quiet, without a breath of wind, one of those days where you could see for miles........
.


And a shadow of me watching the world go by.......

.

A very leaky evening. Thank God for a Vax Rapied XL.

.

I saw on the news tonight that a local couple got married after only four weeks of courting. He was 92, and she was 84. It will never last!

No comments: