Sunday 18 November 2007

Sunday 18th.......

The gale had blown it's self out by daybreak, but left a great deal of debris on the driveway. I didn't hear the rain, but others with better hearing told me that it kept them awake.



I think I'm turning into my father. This cold has left me with a tickely cough and when I clear my throat, I sound just like my father used to! Two double coughs!!



I went shopping at the Super Market this afternoon, not for anything particular, but just to be amongst other people that didn't need my attention. Spent some time browsing magazines but didn't buy. They would only get put to one side when at home. I wouldn't have time to read them.

I spent the rest of the afternoon completing a tax claim for my mother. I should mean a return of about £70, not a lot, but better in her purse(wallet) than in our Chancellor's coffers.



My mother's knees have been very bad today. I need to take her to the opticians this week to collect her glasses, but what with the promised weather and her mobility problem, fixing a day could be difficult.

2 comments:

Seeker said...

That wind was certainly strong yesterday! We attempted to take our dog to the beach - but the weather was so bad, I chickened out and stayed in the cafe while hubby did the walking. He was absolutely frozen by the time he came back!

What a shame you don't even get the time to read a magazine! You should start building up a supply though to take into hospital with you when you have your op.

S'mee said...

Not that sort of op Seeker. Should be done under a 'local' and takes about 20-30 minutes. In after breakfast, home for lunch!

....or am I being an optimist;-)