Saturday 17 November 2007

Saturday 17th.........

Neighbours were all out when I delivered their papers this morning, so I've missed out on all the local gossip today. Not a lot of 'who's sleeping with who', as most are in or close to their 80's, and they sleep all the time anyway!



I did get Cag out to the Market this afternoon, for our usual bacon butty. The girl at the chuck wagon just says 'usual?' when she sees me. Am I being taken for granted again?



I bought a 7 inch and a small 31/2 inch Santoku kitchen knife from the Kitchen Ware stall, then put them to use on a leg of lamb and vegetable preparation when we arrived home. They are both excellent......... and no blood yet. I've just about exhausted all I can buy from there, but I shall still visit as often as I can, I love those kind of stalls.

My mother has been quite 'switched on' today. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. It's funny how she can be perfectly normal (whatever that means) for a couple of days and then talk nonsense the next day. Funny old world!

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

The neighbors must not be telling you all of their secrets...I refuse to believe that intimacy ends ever!

Some of us will never take you for granted...(((SUH)))

S'mee said...

Neighbours can't wait to tell. It's all some of them have. The trouble is that some of them repeat the same information for several days, forgetting who's been told. It's an age thing!

Shoot me if it happens to me........please.

Love your hugs Sunny))))