Sunday 11 November 2007

Sunday, a day of rest....

A bad nights sleep. Coughing kept me awake, but thankfully is no worse than yesterday. Would have loved to have been outside today, finishing the boxes I am making, but the wind was too cold and I thought it wise to keep warm.

My mother has had 'one of those days'. She asked me about my brother. Was he the one that was here yesterday? No, I insisted, there's only me, but she was having difficulty believing me.

She still can't believe she's been with us for nearly eleven months. She seems to have lost all sense of time. She can't remember she came to us for Christmas, and never went back.

We did have one laugh. It was when I helped her put her shoes on this morning. I put them on the wrong feet (easily done because they are large with hardy any shape to them). She didn't realise it until she looked down when she was walking. Her feet were turning outwards and she was walking like a duck.

I brought her a cup of tea about 9.30 pm, with the tablet she has to take at night. She said I had made a mistake, as she should take three tablets. I pointed out to her that she took the three tablets in the morning. Isn't it morning she asked?

She seemed troubled tonight when I helped her into bed. It makes me wonder what the future will bring, but better the problem here than 75 miles away.

2 comments:

freebird said...

Nice that you can have a giggle about stuff that happens. Odd that she was so sure about when she should take 3 tablets but didn't know what time of day it was. (I've been through similar with my mum many years ago.)

And BTW, what is it with those dozy chemists and the dressings???!!!

Hope you had a sunset like we did tonight.

S'mee said...

Sunset was almost cloudless tonight. A little colour and then it was gone. We're on the wrong coast for great sunsets and a little too low for sunrises. Took a couple of pics a few nights ago that I'll put on Lighthouse.

I don't know if it's the chemist or the doctor. They both blame each other.