Tuesday 27 November 2007

Tuesday........... day two.

More phone calls today. Two to the undertaker, two to the vicar, and incoming from the Officer to the Coroner, to inform me that it was a heart attack, and that her heart was in a very poor condition with signs of an advanced disease. At least I can get on with registering the death and getting the Will through Probate. Four or five more calls this afternoon to family, with details of the arrangements. Should have reversed the charges. This evening, emailing other family and friends.

The funeral is all sorted. Time, place and cremation arranged. The vicar is also arranging for tea and biscuits in the Hall afterwards, to give me time to thank everyone properly. Hope they have custard creams.

I'm still feeling a little tense, but life is getting easier. I feel more relaxed in myself, less on the edge even with the arrangements to make. It was never the physical caring that caused me problems. It was the responsibility for two people that troubled me the most. That's definitely a lot easier.

And the home is so much bigger. I've rearranged the furniture back to how it was, and it's given us so much more room, there's even space to hide. The collection service for the loan equipment my mother had is coming tomorrow. I should be able to return the bedroom she used to some semblance of order. We've promised ourselves new carpets throughout the home, but that will have to wait a while. Our dog like the ones we have.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

....and hobnobs too :)

I'm relieved you have only Cag now, I think there were a few of us very worried about you and the responsibilities you had, Ian.

SUH

Sunny Delight said...

Fi is right, I for one was worried about you, and all your responsibilities, you are still amazing to me, taking all of that you have to deal with in such stride with your sense of humour firmly intact.

I hope they have those custard creams for you too, (whatever those are), have a yummy sound to them.

A sandwich hug, between Miss Fi and myself.

Eileen H said...

After Mum's funeral we had a buffet at a local inn. There was so much food left over that those with dogs were taking "doggy bags" home.
My brother-in-law said to sister "Take some food home Sue and on the way we'll get a dog!"


Hope all goes well for you.

freebird said...

The last couple of days, even with all you have to do, I could almost sense the tension flowing away from you. I'm sure that when you get your space back (and new carpets!) you'll be a different person and will be able to breathe again. I really hope you'll get and enjoy some 'you' time. It would be nice too if you could find some people to have a little social contact with as well (outside of ASDA that is).

Fiona said...

mmmm custard creams are yummy Sunny....square vanilla 'cookies' with vanilla cream sandwiched between them....the British do love their biscuits :)

S'mee said...

...and hobnobs, great thinking Fi!

A sandwich hug between you and Fi? I would never be the same again .....but I'll take that chance!

Thanks for your good wishes SW. It will be a day to get through but I will have plenty of support.

I spend so much time in ASDA FB that I get invited to their Christmas party! Social contact would be fine, but Cag is rather demanding and a trifle selfish. She wouldn't consider that I would want other contacts. I don't mind, I am quite happy with my own company. The M.S has caused reasoning problems, so I put it down to that.

S'mee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.