Friday 9 November 2007

Wednesday, Thursday, and now Friday......

Wow! Off line for two whole days. Not like me at all.



Wednesday. We made the trip to Truro. Birthday Girl wanted to try some Coco Mademoiselle that she saw advertised. There was a small store next door to Marks and Spencer that sold Chanel which was ideal. The perfume was far too sweet, even after it had worn in........ but we tried.



We called into M&S's food hall and to my regret bought Duck in Orange sauce for our evening meal. It seemed a good idea at the time . Whether it was that, or a bug I had picked up from elsewhere, I managed later to spend an hour with my head in the sink, too afraid to move. I can't ever remember feeling or being so ill. I did finally fell safe enough to crawl into bed at about 3.30am.



Thursday. Quite a bit of catching up to and feeling very frail. My throat was so sore, and a croaky voice to go with it. Managed a little shopping in the afternoon. Even refused a sample of cheese at the deli counter. I did manage a little to eat later, just a few vegetables, keep it simple. It's given me chance to cut back on my alcohol consumption, so will try to keep it up............. or rather, down.



At 7.20pm the lights went out! There was a fire in the transformer that supplies the whole Park Site and the mains had to be shut down before the fire brigade could do their work. So it was a night with candles and the joys of Radio 4. At least it solved the problems of what to watch on the television, as the choice was rubbish or rubbish!



We were finally reconnected at about 4.30am, and I awoke to the whole house ablaze with light. Lights that were off, I had switched on by mistake, and the timers on others that should have been off were, of course, on. To crown it all, my bedside clock was flashing, so I reset it to the one on Cag's side of the bed, not realising that some how it had gained about an hour. Yep! I got up an hour earlier than I needed to this morning. First job...... replace backup battery.



Friday, and I've had an easy day........ at last. Still have the sore throat and have developed a little cough to go with it, but am feeling a lot better in myself. Wonder what it was all about? Other's had eaten the same food, but they were fine. Just lucky I guess.

My mother has been in a lot of pain today. Her knees are cracking, even while just sitting, and there's nothing to be done until the spasms pass. Oh, the joys of arthritis. What will tomorrow bring?

4 comments:

Seeker said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better - I was wondering where you were. If you have had the same bug that I had, it takes several days to develop and then affects everybody differently.

Oh, that alcohol thing! Am trying to cut it out altogether as I think I will never lose weight having even an occasional little drink - but it is so tempting to have a glass of wine with the evening meal at the end of a tiring day!

As for duck and orange sauce - it was always my absolute favourite! These days, it is too rich for me and always upsets my tummy though!

freebird said...

Oh boy, you really didn't need that, did you?
What you do need is a SUH!
(((X)))

S'mee said...

SUH's always welcome FB. It's been an interesting few days.

Seeker, I aways get muddled up with units and bottles! Seriously, I try to keep it to 3 units a day but sometimes it's difficult. Did I catch the bug from you?

Seeker said...

Lol! Could have been a computer virus, I guess! :-)