Thursday 29 November 2007

Thursday..... an outing.

I spent much of the morning waiting for the postman. The post seems to be arriving later and later these days. It finally arrived at 11.30am and of course, the package I was waiting for was not delivered. Perhaps tomorrow.

Cag wanted a trip into town this afternoon. She wanted a clock for the mantle shelf and eye makeup. I'm good at clocks but rubbish at makeup! We were in and out in twenty minutes, an instant choice in clocks, a glass model on steel pillars and base. Eye makeup took longer. It was cold and we were both glad to get back home.

My cousin's husband is back from his few days away. They live a couple of doors along the road. Cousin (a stoke victim) is in respite care till the weekend to give them both a break. I dropped in to see him tonight, to keep him up to date as to what's been happening. It's someone local with family knowledge that I can bounce ideas off. I spent a bit longer than I intended there....... but you can't hurry good wine.

Looks like another wait for the post tomorrow, so hope I'm more lucky then.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

My recent experience with Royal Mail is that their first class service certainly isn't first class.

S'mee said...

It isn't even second class SW.