Wednesday 21 November 2007

Wednesday 21st......

As expected, an easy day. The nurse arrived a few minutes after 9am to see my mother. She was only just out of bed but between us we managed to change her dressings and left her to dress in her own time.

I had the afternoon for myself, so I decided to have a look around one of the big D.I.Y stores on the outskirts of town. It's cheap and has got even cheaper since my last visit, in quality as well as price. I didn't spend a lot of time there and won't return any time soon.

I'm thinking of updating our television after Christmas, and the afternoon would have been better spent making enquiries as to what set up I will need. One with a Freeview tuner or separate box? New DVD recorder, or a HD model? It's something I used to be very 'up' on, but lately modern technology has left me behind. What ever we buy will be out of date by the time we get it home.

1 comment:

freebird said...

Ian, I had originally come back to your place just to say, regarding this post, to make sure you get one that's ready for whenever the digital switch-over comes to your part of the world.... but all that seems a little trivial now (and I'm sure you knew that anyway).
Have a hug instead.