Thursday 15 November 2007

Thursday 15th.............

I'm glad to get this day out of the way. Every thing went to plan, no surprises, and I allowed enough time so I didn't have to rush. So quite an easy day until I had to leave to go to the Clinic.

I arrived at 5pm, my appointment was at 5.05. I was called at 5.10 and was out by 5.20!
.
It was an Indian doctor, no feathers or a turban. Viewed the hernia, agreed it needed attention sooner rather than later, explained the operation, discussed the after care needed, shook hand and goodbye! Ten minutes.
It won't be done before Christmas, and he's left me to phone his secretary around the middle of January to arrange a time slot for about four to six weeks time. This means I will be done around the middle to the end of February. It will give me enough time to set up cover through Social Adult Care, or at least see what they can offer. A much needed breathing space.
The hernia is not a problem but it will get worse, and the cough I have at the moment, make me know of it's existence a dozen times a day................. or more.
.
Good news........... Managed to get my mother a tax rebate on year 2006/7. Will now try for several previous years when I get some figures from the Pension Service.

No comments: