Thursday 22 November 2007

Thursday 22nd.....and...

And if yesterday was easy, then today turned out to be the most difficult for a long time.
.
My mother was not feeling well when I awoke her this morning. It was rather the same on Tuesday last. She was very slow, not really switched on, and her walking was painful. She brightened up during the day and I thought it would be o.k to take Cag out for an hour or so. We left just after 2pm and went to M&S in Truro to raid their food section.
.
We arrived home at about 3.30pm and when I went to see how things were I saw my mother sitting in her chair with a rug around her shoulders and another around her knees. She was shivering and moaning. I quickly checked the thermometer and it read 75f, boosted the heating, got Cag in from the car and made a hot drink for my mother.
.
She was in a state, moaning with cold and shaking...... but it was not cold. She's eaten very little today, been making the most awful noise all night, and asked to go to bed at about 8pm. I've helped her to the toilet twice during the evening and each time she's tried to dress afterwards. I think, hope, now she is settled for the night but time will tell.
.
One piece of great news. My ticket has been drawn on a Spanish Lottery that I haven't entered. All I have to do is to forward all my personal details and my bank details and they will send me my winnings. How lucky is that? My name is cupid..... not stupid!

2 comments:

freebird said...

Well I hope your mother did settle ok after all. Hugs for you, you're a saint.
Hey, but congratulations on the Spanish lottery - bet it was all done in the best paaaawssible taste! (And you'd have to be a Brit to get that connection!)

Seeker said...

What a horrible day for you all. I hope your mother is more comfortable now. I definitely agree with Freebird about you being a saint!