Friday 30 November 2007

Friday.........

Waiting for the post again, and of course........... nothing. So I phoned the solicitor in Torquay and was told that a letter had been sent and I should receive it tomorrow or Monday. It will probably ask me to supply more information or certificates, and won't be the Wills that I've requested.

Shopping this afternoon, but we didn't need very much. There's a fridge and freezer full to use up. Our meals have altered this week, only having to cater for the two of us has rather reduced my menu. Cag prefers vegetables to meat so I've got hold of two rather useful vegetable cook books that a neighbour was going to send to a charity shop. I will be working my way through those when I get the chance. One good thing is I've managed to get her to eat fish. She would never have fish in the home while my mother was here. I leave it to your imagination to guess why.

I've started on going through all the old paper work my mother brought down with her. The majority is rubbish but there are some documents that I feel I should hang on to, at least until the sale of the house is completed. I've also gone through the framed photos. Most of the frames will have to be discarded, so the photos have been added to the piles I already have for sorting ......... on that rainy day.

The wind is howling, and rain is lashing against the windows at this minute. I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast for next week. The funeral's on Tuesday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We might, just might, be lucky. Nothing worse that the smell of wet mac's at a funeral............. unless it's a wedding.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

My thoughts will be with you on Tuesday.
I hope the weather is fine.

S'mee said...

So do I SW.