Wednesday 28 November 2007

Wednesday......day three.

......... and day five of being an orphan.


Not a lot happening today. I had hoped that the solicitors would have sent the original Wills I had asked for, but you know solicitors. It's about all I have left to do now, to get the Will through probate. I did manage to pick up the Death Certificates from the registrar this afternoon, so the day wasn't a complete waste.


The vicar had asked me to make a few notes of those things I would like said about my mother, especially some of the early recollections. I thought it would be difficult, but it came easily once I started. The later part of her story he knows as he has been a part of it. Anyway, I think it will give him some food for thought.


I spent some time this afternoon giving some thought to a few little gifts I would like to give. A good bottle of Malt to the undertaker for making things so easy. One to a neighbour of my Mum, who did little jobs for her, change fuses, light bulbs etc. To the vicar a suitable donation to the Church and a decent bottle of Cognac for his enjoyment. To her next door neighbour, almost a daughter to Mum, a sizable gift. She won't want it I know, but she has a son who has just started collage and I know she could use a little financial help. It will make her Christmas a good one and it would give me so much pleasure.



I will of course make sure my daughter and her children have a good Christmas, but they will have to wait for the bulk of their inheritance until the house is finally sold. For ourselves, we want for nothing. Perhaps a food processor for me and another finger for Cag....... so she can ware another ring!



It was my birthday today. I was ......... sorry, the number keys aren't working!

8 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))
(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))(((SUH)))

Stand Up Hugs, instead of candles :-) You deserve so many more.

Many warm thoughts being sent your way.

You dear man have a delightful spirit. The idea of gifts for those who were so important to your mother, and yourself is wonderful.

Eileen H said...

Wishing a belated happy birthday to you.

Seeker said...

I hope your birthday was as happy as it could be under the circumstances and I wish you many, many more, much happier ones.

I trust you were able to enjoy a glass or two of good wine to celebrate!

S'mee said...

Fi, So many SUH's, I feel crushed.......and it's a good feeling. Thank you.

SW, thank you for the good wishes.

Seeker, a good wine? Any wine will do! Seriously, thank you.

Fiona said...

Dear lord have you been at the wine ;) that was SUNNY not moi *L*

Though yes we are pretty inseparable those were still definitely her SUH's!!!

Now here are a few of mine...SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH

S'mee said...

I'm in utter confusion...... and is it any wonder!

I keep thinking about that Sunny/Fi sandwich that was mentioned. There's only so much a poor chap like me can handle;-)

Fiona said...

and handle us you would, I bet *L* ;)

freebird said...

I've just got back from my trip away and I'm SO sorry I missed your birthday - if only to join in the SUH sandwich!

Belated happy birthday Ian!
SUH+XXXs!!!