Saturday 1 December 2007

Saturday........ a life shredded!

Well, the postman cometh, and he did bring all manner of good things! The solicitor did not tell lies. The Wills were in the post........ but only after I had made the phone call, no doubt!



I have them now so next week I can see about getting them through probate. Bodmin is the nearest County Court so it looks like a little trip is on the cards in the later part of the week.



The postman did bring another surprise. A tax rebate for my mother. I knew it was coming, I had applied for it about three weeks ago, but the last claim I made for her took about three months. It will go towards the floral tribute and the announcement in the local papers.



I phoned the vicar tonight, because I hadn't heard from him. He had just got home from being at the church Christmas Fayre all day. I could hear from his voice that he was exhausted. He was very seriously ill about two years ago and has never fully recovered. He's promised to call me tomorrow to sort out the Service and for me to pass on the notes I've made about my mother's life. I offered to email them but although he has a PC, he has yet to master emails!



I've been going through my parent's deed boxes tonight. About 70% rubbish, 25% family history to be kept, and the rest to be investigated. Old policies and saving books that may or may not be open. Not a fortune I'm afraid. The shredder has been working overtime, and I have been careful. I nearly made a mistake with some bank statements after my father died and I was determined to get thing right this time.



My daughter is on line at last. Must have paid the phone bill! Now I will have to be careful what I blog, or perhaps I won't tell her about Late at Night and do an edited version to post on Lighthouse.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

My thoughts will be with you in the coming days, as they have been all during the past week.

Many more SUH's sent along as well.

Another thought S'mee darlin', you may wish to change this blog to one that is for invited readers only...just a thought if you do not wish your daughter to find it...as it is quite easy to follow comment links, as you well know. If you do decide to make this one private...please please don't forget me! My email is on my blogs.

Seeker said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers too during the next few days.

I particularly wish you a sunny, problem-free day on Tuesday.

Take care.

S'mee said...

Good idea Sunny, I said I wasn't concerned about comments when I started....... but I would miss all those SUH's.

Fingers crossed for a rain free day Seeker.