Friday 7 December 2007

Friday....... and gales.

I came over faint this afternoon. I could feel the blood draining from my face and I had to grab hold of Cag's chair to steady myself. It was at the same time as the shop assistance added up Cag's purchases and I had to get my credit card out! Strange!!

It wasn't really the day for shopping. We had to judge transfers and dodge the heavy showers, but there aren't many chances for us to get out together between now and Christmas. Perhaps another trip out together next week and that will about do until after the big day.

More news about my mother-in-law. The doctor visited her today with blood test results. Liver function is poor and she is jaundiced. She also has a gallbladder problem (ain't we all!) giving her some pain. He wanted to admit her to hospital but she wouldn't go, so he's coming back to see her on Monday. Hopefully the other daughters might have had time to work on her by then, and she will see more sense. But Christmas is coming and something always happens over Christmas.

I'm still waiting for paperwork to progress a little further in settling my mother's estate. Nothing can be completed until after the Will has been proven, and I can't see that happening before the holidays, but at least I could get everything else sorted.

I can feel my 'I hate Christmas' mood coming on. It's a little later than last year. I haven't started mumbling 'Humbug' yet, but there's plenty of time.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Somehow I think your faintness came upon you too late...the credit card got swiped through machine anyway I bet!

Crossing my fingers that the sisters come through.

I am sure your bah hum bug is just a temporary thing, it should end in...oh...a little under 3 weeks from now.

S'mee said...

I'm just not a Christmas person. I love New Year, the start of everything anew. Wish it would happen every week!

But good news today!!