Thursday 20 December 2007

Thursday................

Another beautiful day, blue skies and vapour trails.............. but cold.

Did some final adjustments to the Dell's keyboard and touch pad tonight. I have a very light touch, you'll be pleased to know, so have adjusted the setting accordingly. I love responsive touch pads!

Seeing the weather was so good, I loaded up the car with Cag and went to check out the Probate Office in Bodmin, about half an hours drive away. Parking will be the problem, but there are a couple of small parking zones quite near, so it will be 'fingers crossed' on the day.

Did my duty and phoned our daughter tonight to wish her 'Happy Birthday'. It's one of those with a nine in it , so next year will be a mill stone......... opps! I mean mile stone. Couldn't help but remind her, which she thank me for!!

It doesn't look like we shall be seeing her over Christmas, but we've arranged to meet in the New Year to get some of the finances sorted out. I really need to see her on her own to go through the details of the Wills, and to discuss or own Wills, which will be revised early next year. There's nothing like a death in the family to concentrate the mind on the future..... or the lack of it.

2 comments:

freebird said...

Ummmm, now what was that Pointer Sisters song about an 'easy touch'....? ;-)

Oh, a bit disappointing about your daughter not visiting over Christmas. Not sure what to say about that, and not having a daughter, I can't even offer any words of wisdom (although secretly I think I know what I'd like to say, after what you've been through!)

Oh well...... will a SUH help just a little?

S'mee said...

Don't know what I would do without emailed SUH's.

My daughter and I have a good relationship, we're very much alike. She hasn't always seen eye to eye with her mother though. Fathers and daughters, mothers and sons?

I'm not really concerned about seeing her over Christmas. To be honest, it would mean a lot more work for me. As long as she's O.K and the grandkids are fine, that's all that matters.