Wednesday 12 December 2007

Wednesday........

Another early start. The nurse phoned to say she would be with us before 9am to give Cag a once over and a catheter change. We were both pleased it was this week as it often gives problems for a few days before it settles down, and the last thing you want to happen is to have troubles over the holidays.

While she was here the phone rang and a metallic voice told me that the Dell would be delivered tomorrow morning........... under 48 hours from ordering!

Cag's hand are getting worse. The right one (the flipper) has very little movement in the fingers and is in an open position, whilst in the left the finger tends to fold in and form a fist. It's been more noticeable these last few weeks as several times I've had to make phone calls for her then pass her the phone. She even has trouble holding the phone now.

I've been suggesting for weeks that she try to use one hand to exercise the other but she never has been one to help herself. Not that anything will make a lot of difference now, but I do think that over the years, she could have done more. It looks as if she resigned herself to the inevitable years ago, where as I would have fought harder. I try to on her behalf but it's not enough. Thankfully she does not see so far down the road as I do or know the consequences.

Never mind, I have the washing and ironing to look forward to tomorrow. Boy, do I know how to boogie!

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

A small slice of good news it seems.

Do you think the stress of your mother's death and the holidays have anything to do with her hands getting worse?

It is hard to read this, it is hard to know what to say. I too think I would do every type of therapy/exercise going to keep my body going as long as possible...but I haven't lived it. How long has Cag had MS?

Sending you a SUH.

S'mee said...

Hi Sunny, officially diagnosed on my birthday 1990, never to be forgotten! A Doc had written 'M.S?' some eight years before after a sight disorder. Probably started in her twenties with hindsight. Most of her 'back ward steps' have been after a physical setback, broken leg etc.

She's had the chance of physio and time in a rehab centre but is just not interested. Her choice, I just play the cards I'm dealt.

Hugs always welcome.