Sunday 23 December 2007

Sunday....and counting.

I've never known a day where I've had so much time. It's been a month since my mother passed away and my days are back to normal. I'm still getting up at the same time, but with only one lady to get ready for the day, things are a lot easier and I feel more relaxed.

I still keep wondering how I should feel about my mother and her death. People seem to expect me to be sad, unhappy, I don't know what, but I have none of those feelings. I feel that death is the most natural of things and not something to be feared or to shy away from.

I was pleased to have been able to make my mother's life a little more easy for her, even for such a short while. I know the pain she suffered, especially the increasing pain in her last few weeks. I was with her when she died, did what was right after she had died and I can ask no more than that.

My memories of the last twelve months seem very vague. The memories of her twenty, thirty years ago are far more real, as are those of my father. I hope it will always be so.

And now a New Year is just around the corner. How quickly they come and go. This one will be better and .........................different.

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

"Back to normal" sounds wonderful, you deserve it.

You feel what you feel that's as it should be...in my book anyway. You seem to have a very realistic viewpoint towards death. We are born and we die, those are the only two guarantees we really have in life...the important thing is how we live the inbetween years...

I'm looking forward to the photos--most especially the shop where you buy cling wrap ;-)

freebird said...

Well, that is all really refreshing to hear. I'm pleased for you.
Your New Year will indeed be better, different and, I hope, very happy!
Merry Christmas dear s'mee!
xxx

Eileen H said...

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a happy New Year.

You deserve it.

S'mee said...

Thank you all. A Christmas kiss to you, and to Fi. Hope she's O.K.