Sunday 16 December 2007

Sunday.........

Wind still easterly....... and bitter. A typical Sunday for me, plus the added excitement of pining up Christmas cards.........wow! Cag also asked me to cut some holly for a table display, easily done as we have a dozen trees within 50 yards of us. No berries, the black birds have seen to that.

I cut a large growing tip, planted it in a large vase weighted down with gravel, and dressed it as a Christmas tree. I'm impressed and so is the dog. It's the first real 'tree' we've had since we moved here and might become a habit.

Spent much of the evening clearing out more files from the Toshiba and backing them up on disc. I've already saved them to an external hard drive so I've edged my bets, just in case.

Sadly watched the last episode of Cranford tonight. I love those sort of dramas and this one was so well done. Will be scanning the pages of the Radio Times to see what other classics are happening over the holidays.

A phone call to make tomorrow to find out what is happening to my mother's will, and when I can expect an appointment for probate. Not the last phone call I expect.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

I was pinned to the t.v. (not literally!! lol) watching Cranford too. Excellent drama. If you're interested The Old Curiosity Shop is on over the Xmas period, on Boxing Day I do believe (can't remember the time, in the evening I think).

As we have a 3 month old puppy we haven't put up a tree this year, although I am tempted to try it - I'm frightened he'll pull at it and the whole ruddy thing will come tumbling down on top of him/us...spikey leaves/branches arghh!!

S'mee said...

Hi Hazel, thanks for the visit. The Old Curiosity Shop is already underlined. Can't say I know the story, so am looking forward to it.
Our 'puppy' is 15....... and hasn't grown up!

Hazel said...

Oooh and tonight at 8 o'clock is another Dicken's classic...I think it's (trying to remember the name)...Oliver Twist..I may be wrong! Have a scan of the tele pages in your paper today! :)

S'mee said...

7.46? An early bird! I live the other end of the day. Saw it, and enjoyed. Could almost smell the streets!