Friday 21 December 2007

Friday................

What day to do the shopping? Cag asked for smoked fish for dinner so the question was answered. It had to be today. And it was mental!

The car park was a race track, with people hoping to find a space, and there were queues at the petrol station, topping up for the holidays. Then inside the store it was bedlam. I parked the trolley and walked through the crowds to get my few bits and pieces. The lady in front of me at check out worked at the store and she said it had as been busy since 8 am!

Spent an hour in the garden later, finishing another raised bed for vegetables next year. Nice in the sun but still a bitter wind.

Another three letters tonight about my mother's estate, and a phone call to Internet banking. At least somebody is still working at 11.15pm.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Perhaps the time in your garden cleared your mind of all the clutter of shopping in crowds?

You know, if you ever feel the inspiration, I would love to see some photos of the shops you visit...it sounds so much different that the kind I shop in.

Hoping you enjoy a warm relaxing weekend.

S'mee said...

I've found the time to do a little in the garden but the wind is so bitter at times. I'm determined to finish the boxes before the Spring, then there's the decision of what to plant!

Photos on their way.

freebird said...

That's funny, it was reasonably quiet and controlled in our local Tesco (15 miles away)!