Monday 17 December 2007

Monday and .........

Monday and pay day. A trip to the village Post Office this morning to collect our money. I would prefer to keep to this system as it gives me chance to support a dying breed............ and they do a really good selection of cards

We had two unusual visitors to our bird table this morning. A male blackcap, probably a recent arrival from Eastern Europe, ( like a Hungarian plumber) to over winter here, and a male bullfinch. Now I thought the bullfinches we saw in the summer this year would have been long gone to warmer climates by now, but it appears many over winter with us, they just keep out of sight.

Shopping is going to be a problem this week and it's looking like I shall have to do a final shop on Saturday or Sunday, not that we shall need very much, because we don't indulge in anything different over Christmas........... well, perhaps a Bailey's or three!

We've had an invite, and I'm rather glad. Our Christmas was shaping up to be very ordinary, but Cag's mother is staying with one of her other daughters for Christmas and we've been asked to drop in as surprise visitors. Its at Brixham, about an hour and a half away, but Cag hasn't seen her mother for about two years, and seeing what happened with mine recently, a visit would be the right thing to do.

I'm hoping our daughter makes a threatened visit to us before Christmas. She finishes work on the 20th and said she would try. It would be good to go over with her what I have planed when the sale of my mother's house is completed. It's better done face to face rather than the on telephone. The Will has been left in such a way as to make the decisions mine, so I need to clarify things, then there is no confusion and everyone knows what's happening.

Think I'll buy a Harley............ but I've been told that fast motor bikes and fast women are very dangerous for someone of my age. Both are liable to kill you!

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

OH!But aren't you only 29? ;-) Methinks you and a Harley would be a grand combination!

My children asked me what I wanted for Christmas...I could think of nothing...now I think I will suggest a bird feeder to put outside my living room window...thanks for the idea.

Why is shopping go to be a problem?

Fiona said...

I definitely want a bird feeder for my garden when I get one....but then again, I'll have two cats...hmmmmmm

Sunny, can we take turns riding pillion with him ;)hahahhahahahhaha ummmm I just looked up the meaning of 'pillion' and it comes from the Gaelic 'little rug'....my my how apt ;)

Hugs to you both :)

S'mee said...

28,28,28......I'm 28........ and a few months......... quite a few months! lol!!
I'm making porridge (oats and crushed peanuts) twice a day for my little friends.
Shopping not really a problem as we have 24/6, it's just the pain of putting up with the crowds...... and their kids.

Looks like it's going to be a Harley trike, with a double back seat....... and room for a picnic basket.