Friday 7 December 2007

Thursday................hic!

I can feel myself as almost back to normal. Extra time during the day, extra time for myself, much needed time for myself. There's still a lot of work to do. Two telephone calls to the Revenue today, one to ask about reclaiming income tax and another about the tax form regarding the Estate. Forms to fill out for probate and collecting all the bits and pieces to go with it.

A leisurely shopping trip later today. We are not getting through half as much food as a fortnight ago, and the freezer is still full. Shopping to a list is the answer.

Not very good news about my mother-in-law. My sister-in-law and husband went to visit today and to do a couple of small maintenance jobs for her. She's not been eating, hardly looking after herself. She has Home Help but they can't be there all the time. I can't help thinking that she knows we have a spare room now, but she is a completely different package to my mother.

Cag has already span said 'NO' to any thought of her coming here and to be honest, I just couldn't do it anymore. There are five daughters, so let the other four sort it out.

I've all but finished our Christmas cards tonight. Just a few addresses to double check. I've loaded a few with glitter confetti, the sort you will still find glinting from the carpet in six months time. It started with another of Cag's sisters doing it on us, and now it's spread throughout the family. So just be careful when you open your next email. You could get showered with glitter!

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Oh! I am glad you have some time for you.

And, especially happy to read of the wonderful results of your tests.

I have thought of you often in recent days, I am almost wiggling with joy that your spirits seem so bright...and...well...glittery!

A HUGE Stand up hug being sent your way!

freebird said...

Oh no, NO!!! Please don't let them push you into taking on your M-I-L. You've done, and are still doing, enough.

We'll all have to stop wiggling if you do!

S'mee said...

Sunny, FB, I know my limitations, and my M-in-L is a completely different package to my mum. In any case, Cag couldn't stand her in the house for any more than a few hours........ so I'm safe.

Sunny Delight said...

WHOOH!That's a relief to hear!