Monday 31 December 2007

Monday.....NYE.

Not the best of days. It started badly and I wasn't able to throw off the anger until well into the afternoon.

My brother-in-law phoned at 8.30am, asking me to see that Cag did not phone her sister at 9am as she usually does. Sister had a very bad night and he wanted her to sleep as long as possible. He said he would tell her that Cag had phoned and that sister should call her back when she was ready. I explained all this to Cag and I thought that it was understood.

Sister phoned just after 9am, I answered, agreed that Cag had phoned earlier, didn't want to wake her, passed the phone to Cag. I then heard Cag deny twice vehemently that she had made any phone call.

It made me out to be a liar (which bothers me not) but also made sister's husband out to be a liar, which troubles me greatly, as he was only trying to do what was best for his wife.

Sister is in a similar situation I was in twelve months ago. A mother, aged 90, who is finding it difficult to cope. She is the eldest of five daughters and feels responsible for her mother, although there are others who could share the burden, if they could or were willing. Thus the reason for a troubled night. I know those nights, I had many.

Thinking about it, I'm still angry now. Just a little thought, any thought. And this is New Years Eve! What a great start.........

God bless everybody, love and best wishes for 2008............... I'm having a brandy!

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

You have a right to feel angry. I'm sorry, but it seems like pure selfishness to me.

I hope your day tomorrow is a good one...holding up my glass of wine and toasting you. A Happy New Year SUH!

S'mee said...

Thanks Sunny. A new dawn, a new day, and thankfully every thing sorted. Happy New Year Sunny.

freebird said...

I know it was meant well, but why on earth did your brother-in-law have to complicate things with a lie at all?
Just goes to prove that honesty is the best policy!