Saturday 8 December 2007

Saturday.......and a surprise!

I was a little late this morning. The weather did nothing to encourage me to be an early riser. Gales and showers once again. We also had an electricity black out. No News 24 for a whole 10 minutes.

I didn't open the post when it arrived, we had breakfast first, and then over coffee............. a surprise. Two cheques for a lot more than I had expected, from two policies taken out on my father many years ago. The original amounts were small, but with the years, bonuses and interest, it amounted to a most reasonable figure. Good old Dad!

I was enough to set me thinking about a different laptop. My Toshiba is only about twelve months old. It's fast, has enough of everything for all I need to do, but the touch pad is an absolute dog (Dogs, please don't be offended). I am in the middle of writing something on the Net, an order or a blog, I move the cursor and the screen goes back to the previous item I was working on............ all is lost. I've even started using my old Evesham clunker again. It's slower but no worries.

So tonight I've been scouring the Net and checking back through old computer magazines to try to get myself up to speed on what's available at a reasonable price. And I'm confused!!!!!

No more news today from mother-in-law. I get the feeling that things will kick in right on the holidays....... don't you know!

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

A very nice surprise! And it does indeed sound as if you need a new laptop...if you have no takers for the old...< insert big smile here > I could really use one! Just kidding!

And s'mee darlin'... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

S'mee said...

New Year! Already? What happened to Christmas? I know I've been busy Sunny, but did I miss it?

If you were closer I would gladly pass it on. It would probably be O.K with a mouse, but I'm not a mouse person.

I'm checking out a Dell Latitude. More office than home but I like the spec.

freebird said...

Things seem to be looking up for you at last. Good!