Wednesday 26 December 2007

Wednesday..........Boxing Day.

An early start. It took four hours to be out of the door by 11am. We were heading for Brixham, a small fishing town in Devon, and home of two of Cag's sisters. Cag's mother was visiting and we were all invited for lunch. It had been nearly three years since we have all managed to be together so it really was a day to remember.

A lovely lunch, salmon and salad, good company with the type of conversation that I miss so much. And later, a game of Scrabble. I've never played competitively before, but I did rather well, even if I do say so myself............. and without a 'spell check'.

The journey home was quick and uneventful. Cold meat and chips for tea, left over from our Christmas gammon. And now that 'in between time', the few days twixt Christmas and New Year. A wasted time where nothing much gets done.

It's been a long day, a good day and a tiring one. Let's hope for many more in 2008.

No comments: