Friday 5 October 2007

Friday.......... 4.50am.

The light comes on. Cag nudges but I'm already awake. My mother is looking around the door.

"It's the vet man. A lady came into the room and told me the vet man was here."

Vet man, vat man, what man? What's going on? My mother was insisting that a lady had come into her room and said that the vet had come to see us.

She made me check around the house to see if I could find the lady, but of course there was no one. It was a case of dreams becoming reality. I got her back into bed and settled her down. She still believed there was a lady, and she had spoken to her.

"You must think I'm daft", she said to me. I put up no argument. "But it was so real".

It was just a dream I told her. Now if she could dream about winning the lottery tomorrow, and that became reality..............

It was another beautiful day. Blue sky and more trails, warm in the sun, but with that hint of Autumn on the breeze. This is a great time of the year.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

I do love this time of year, the colors are so much more intense.

Do you ever get a full nights sleep anymore?

Hope you are feeling better physically, And Ian, thanks for helping guide me in seeing that Mr. Son will find his way...we had a small little chat tonight, he is feeling better, getting out more, kayaking upriver, says the exercise is helping him mentally and emotionally.

S'mee said...

It's a funny age for us males, not quite one thing or the other, although some have to grow up and take responsibility perhaps too quickly. It will work out.