Saturday 13 October 2007

Fry day and nearly didn't make it!

12.20am Saturday morning and my Friday has just finished. Everything went smoothly today...... far too smoothly!

I did manage to get my mother out for an hour but she was struggling to get back into the house. By dinner time she was not very hungry so I guessed something was wrong. She eat a little but refused a chocolate and a cup of tea. Definitely something wrong.

She was in increasing pain from her knees, and by eight o'clock, unable to move. There was little I could do except watch her fight it, adding encouragement where I could. Come 10.30 I managed to get her into one of Cag's wheelchairs and get her into the bedroom. Over the next hour and a half, I toileted her, undressed her and finally managed to get her into bed.

I am not expecting a full nights sleep. Even if she sleeps through, I know I will have to check several times during the night, just for my own piece of mind.

Good night......... and wish me luck.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Just caught up on your week.
You my friend, have one hell of a hard one it seems.

I hope you are able to get some much needed rest.

And, the mowing doesn't take 7 hours anymore (insert tongue sticking out at you here)...I have allowed much of it to become naturalized...and Mr. Son has done it the last few times...yee haw!

freebird said...

I hope YOU got some sleep, dear.
Sending a hug, a SUH if you have the energy!
x

S'mee said...

Zzzzzzz....opps, dropped off for a few minutes!

Glad to hear Mr. Son is lending a hand, Sunny. A difficult week, but manageable.

Have just about caught up with your postings Freebird. Makes interesting reading if you read it all together. Will comment soon.

Best wishes to both.