Saturday 13 October 2007

Sat er um day.

Phew! Sleepless nights bring out the zombie in me. I did what I thought I would do, looked in on my mother three times during the night. I was aided by the effects of drinking two cups of tea late at night, and cramp.

Twice I found her sitting on the edge of the bed, after using the toilet, but she hadn't been sitting there long, as the bed was still warm. Helped her lift her legs back into bed, settled her down and every thing was fine.

She has still been in pain today but is much improved over yesterday, thankfully. I managed to suggest she had an early night tonight, so she was in bed just after ten, hopefully for all night.

I've spent the afternoon trying to sort out the right dressing for my mother's pressure sores. Another cock-up at the doctors meant the wrong details were faxed to the chemist, hence no dressings, or rather the wrong dressings for the weekend. I can manage, but it's not brain surgery to get a prescription right, surly?

An early night tonight I think.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

After reading this, I want to give you an SUH so badly.

Then, I thought...is there any good things happening for you?...All I could think of was...

At least she is making it to the toilet and back to her bed safely on her own.

S'mee said...

These are the good times! lol!!
It would be different if I were doing something else or had a job. How people manage a full time job and are carers........ whew!

A SUH from you is always welcome Sunny. x.