Wednesday 17 October 2007

Wed nes day....

6.55am and my mother is dressed. I've got the feeling that it could be 'one of those days'. I help her with her shoes, get her into the lounge, settled in her chair........ and go back to bed for a half hour.

One or two little mind games during the morning. She asks me to get her a new string for her violin and reminds me about the cakes in the oven. All news to me. No violin, no cakes. The rest of the day falls into place, except that the nurse doesn't arrive until the afternoon to check my mother's dressings. At least she sorts out the confusion between surgery and chemist as to which dressings they need to supply.............. I hope.

5.00pm and my mother's in tears. She can't walk to the toilet. Her left knee is the size of a football (soccer ball), so much pain. I strip down Cag's wheelchair, sit her on it and wheel her to the toilet. She manages to walk back with help. Another problem solved.

I've heard from the Clinic today about the hernia operation. I have to go for an assessment on the 15th of next month. I phoned them to see if my initial contact had been noted and they said they had posted a confirmation with the date on the 4th. Couldn't understand why I hadn't received it! Anyway, all sorted.

2 comments:

freebird said...

If you're wondering why you haven't got too many comments I think it's because (well, speaking for myself) words seem so inadequate. I hear you, but I can't think of anything to say that will help.
So I'm just letting you know that I'm here - not lurking.
Will a SUH do for now?

S'mee said...

Hi freebird. I'm not too worried about comments, although it's always good to know there's someone out there. Late at Night is more an online diary, of silly and serious things that happen in my day. A bit of self therapy.

I read half a dozen blogs, but like you, don't always comment for the same reason.

A SUH is always very welcome..... thank you.