Wednesday 3 October 2007

Wednesday and the news......

The news. Not so good. Doctors on Friday, letter asking me to make an appointment at the clinic of my choice today. Choice of four, so I went for the one the Doc suggested............ the nearest, about eight miles down the road. Now I have to wait. Nothing about the gallbladder scan, but it's a bit too soon for that.

We had two Community Nurses today. One to change my mother's dressings, whilst the other, an old friend, saw to Cag's catheter. I asked about my situation. At least five, perhaps six weeks for recovery from each............. and definitely NO lifting.

My day revolves around lifting. I judge the day by the number of lifts, so it looks like I'm going to need help.

It's early days but I contacted Social Services, a case coordinator I know, to see what the situation is regarding my two charges. She wasn't there but will get back to me. The sooner I know the options, the better I will feel........ and it will put the minds of those around me at rest.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Wow, so much for you to take in.
You are talking about what I do for a living my friend, but you seem to have it well in hand. Even though full of worry.

My mind is so full of questions...as I said this is what I do. I am a case manager for the care giver, finding aid for them, whether it be respite, or fill-in care for the care recipient...you would not believe the questions racing through my mind...as if I am doing an assessment.

I hope you have family that will be able to help out as well.

Sunshine said...

Hi smee, just popped over from Fi's. I hope things fall into place so you can take care of all these things. It does sound like you have a lot happening right now!

S'mee said...

Hi Sunshine, nice to meet you and greet you. Promise I will read your postings, but not tonight.

Sunny, I have contact with Cornwall Carers, a good source of information, and the local Social Care department of the Council. My next door neighbour works for the children's section, so I have an ear if I need one. Then there's the welfare officer of our local M.S Soc. If she doesn't know, she soon finds out. So I've got some back up, but until I have dates, we will just have to wait.