Wednesday 31 October 2007

Whens day

The nurse called early today to check my mother's dressings and to administer her flu injection. Cag has refused to have one, but that's her choice. Hope she doesn't regret it.



We did manage the trip to Truro, and a wander around Marks & Spencers. It was as I thought, nothing much had changed. The city was full of kids, must be half term, many in fancy dress for Halloween. Where did all that silliness come from?



We ended up making some selections from their food range, mostly vegetable dishes, to have for a change. I get quite bored have to cook the same veg every night. Both of my charges are pretty set in their ways as to what they like and don't like, so any change would be welcome.



I went scavenging tonight. The caravan site adjacent to out Park is being dismantled and an £11 million development is due to start any time soon. Nearly all the caravans that are being removed have verandas or fencing, and this is just being torn down then left in piles. I called in at their site office and asked if I could have some of the wood, and I was told to take what I wanted as it was all going to be burnt. So I did just that.



I now have enough wood to build three 8ftx4ft raised beds for growing vegetables next year. A little sawing, a bit of drilling................ and some screwing (if I can remember how!) and we're all set for Spring planting. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Laughing...quite the punster you are...

Ya'know, you have got me to thinking. Even though I often complained of the enormous amount of work three huge vegetable gardens were, I missed growing them this year...a few raised beds may be just perfect for my needs...wonder if I can remember how to saw, drill, and screw :-)

Thank you for the S.U.H....very much needed...although when I think of you, and all that you do...my life is a piece of cake.

S'mee said...

Know what they say Sunny. Life depends on the liver........ and my liver has taken a pounding in the last few weeks. I am cutting down though, but not too much!

What's a punster? ;-)