Monday 29 October 2007

Munday.

Recovering from yesterday. It's surprising how much it takes out of me. What I would do without thinking a few years ago, now takes longer and often there is a price to pay.



Just one job today. To take my mother for an eye test this afternoon. She had new glasses about ten months ago but has not been really happy with them. The test was very thorough, and it confirmed what I thought. The sight in her left eye is practically nonexistent, after a hemorrhage a few years ago, and the right eye is being hindered by a small cataract.



The cataract could be operated on, but if the operation was unsuccessful, then her sight would be almost completely lost. Some choice! It's been suggested that she should wait a while, which I consider is good advice. So new glasses have been ordered, which hopefully will make it easier to view the television. I doubt whether they will stop her falling asleep, not much chance of that!



Time we left the opticians it was getting dark. I'd missed another interesting sunset.......... perhaps tomorrow.......... hopefully.

No comments: