Friday 19 October 2007

Friday catch up.......

It's been one of those days where there was never quite enough time. Half a dozen telephone calls fixing up central heating service and chasing prescriptions. Then an extra trip to the chemist to collect a prescription, finally got it right after a week of waiting and re-ordering. Call from a neighbour the help him sort out a printing problem on his P.C and ended up printing the pics myself just to save time .............. and no spare time for me.



My mother had a couple of 'senior moments' today. She thought she had left an egg on to boil. This was 1.30am, so another dream and thinking it was reality. The other was during the afternoon. I was just about to start preparing the dinner when I noticed she was upset. I asked what was wrong and she said she was worried because she was letting the other players at the whist drive down for not being there.



She hasn't been to a whist drive for forty years, but insisted that she had played only a few weeks ago. It took a while but I managed to convince her that it couldn't have happened. She seems to have lost all sense of time, often thinking she has been with us for only a few weeks rather than 10 months or more.



I expect things will get even more 'interesting' as the weeks go on.



But what a beautiful day, and a golden sunset.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Know what you are doing?

Making me realize how easy I have it...yet you still take the time to admire the sunset...I am so happy you have that.

Care to dance?

S'mee said...

Argentinian tango. Life will never be the same again.......promise.