Saturday 6 October 2007

Saturday.......Alien alert!

I have to get an early night to night. I have a 6.45am start tomorrow, so here's one I prepared earlier.

Saturday and another beautiful day. More trails across the sky, with a few of those white fluffy things thrown in for interest, and this evening, wood smoke on the air. Love this time of the year.

I was 'flashed' this morning. Not intentionally, but it made for an interesting start to the day. I deliver a paper to my cousin on Saturday. She is recovering from a stroke and was being attended by nurses when I arrived. I was talking to her husband and glanced out of the window at a holiday caravan, about 20 yards away, sited opposite his home, when a naked young lady walked passed the glass door of this caravan.

I mentioned it to him so he turned to look, but by then there was no one there. Just as he turned back to me, she walked passed again. I didn't bother to say anything this time, there didn't seem any point. Just a beautiful start to a beautiful day.

I took a trip into town this afternoon, something I try never to do on a Saturday. The people amazed me. All I could think about was, did Matron know so many patients were out? It was either that or an Alien Ship had landed close by, and the occupants were trying to merge with Saturday shoppers. Identical twins were walking towards me, dressed in trainers, baggy jeans and 'Il Divo' sweatshirts. Unfortunately one was ugly, and so was her sister. If only Carlos, David, Sab and Urs could see them now. Fans? I hope not!

The Saturday paraders were there, breezing from one end of the town to the other. Big Issue sellers, canvassers, and a drummer asking for change. Trying not look out of place, I started talking loudly into my cupped hand, hoping people wouldn't realise that I didn't have a mobile phone. I was glad to make it back to the safety of the car without being 'taken over' by aliens or being spotted as an outsider.

And so to bed, but a little reading first. I'm up to March 2007 and no tissues need yet, but I recon I should have them handy Lady Stalker.

2 comments:

freebird said...

So glad you didn't get abducted by the 'aliens'!

Your description of your neighbour missing the flasher made me laugh - reminded me of the Kit-Kat advert.

And don't leave the tissues too far out of reach, you never know when you may need them.

S'mee said...

Neighbour has seen a lot more tham me. He was/is a nudist, although he could do with a good ironing now!