Friday 26 October 2007

Furseday

Another easy day, well not quite. I did have to go shopping this afternoon, rather than tomorrow as I had planned. I was told we were going to Devon on Sunday, to visit Cag's sister. I really could have done with another few days to get over this back problem, but I expect I will survive.

It looks like the original sale of my mother's house in Torquay has fallen through. I contacted the Equity Company today, because I had not heard from them in a while, and they said that they had accepted a lower offer. It was because of the difficulties in the housing market at this time. It won't mean a lot of difference to the amount my mother will receive, but has slowed the whole process. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can get everything sorted.

An article I was reading about a carer who had just lost their partner brought back to mind a conversation I had with my brother-in-law, a few weeks ago. He had asked me what I would do if anything happened to Cag. I must admit, it's something I had thought about (that's me), so I replied that I would probably sleep for a week.

My own plans are that I would travel. I know nothing about boating in any shape or form, but I would love to motor through the canals in France, heading south to the Med, sampling food and wine en route. Any offers?

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

*Waving my arms quite broadly*

Me! Me! Me!

A sad reason for having the go at it...but a wonderful dream!

I am too lazy and depressed tonight to comment on all of the weeks postings I missed...

Is your back any better?

The photo is AMAZING!!!

S'mee said...

Hi Sunny. The back is still not behaving, but getting there, thank you.

Sorry to hear you're a little low. It's just good to know you have visited. I read you every day but don't always comment. Know that I'm there.

Will let you know when I plan to sail;-)