Sunday 7 October 2007

Sunday's early start.......

We had made arrangement to travel to see some of Cag's family toady in Devon. It meant a 6.45am start for me, which with luck means we can leave by mid-day. I made it with minutes to spare.



A hundred and forty four mile round trip for two hours of good company (and chocolate cake). Cags eldest sister, her husband and a younger sister, recently widowed. Well worth the journey. It gave me a chance to talk over our problems, thoughts, and possibilities, with sensible people who know and care about our situation.



It's not always easy for Cag to keep up as M.S has slowed down her reasoning but she enjoys the company and the extra attention her sisters pay her. They are the same people who help me so much in my mother's house clearance recently, so I have a lot to thank them for. They've promissed to be there if I need them, although what they can do will be limited by distance.

We took the dog, he was on his best behavior, and for once, looking his best. I'd spent about three hours over the last few evenings clipping and grooming his coat. He's dropped lower on the pecking order over the last few months, so has not had the attention he deserves. But he doesn't complain.

Now for some reading............ you know who.

2 comments:

freebird said...

Great that you've had some time with people who care and understand. Sounds like it was a huge effort but worth it (I hope).
Give the dog a pat for us! What sort is it? Does it look like its owner?

S'mee said...

Dillon is a West Highland, although I've never cut him in the Westie style. Like his owner, he getting on, 15yrs, him not me!

Patting doesn't do it, but a chest scratch and he purrs.