Friday 19 October 2007

Thursday or thirsty.....

Something forced me into consciousness at about 2.30am. I could hear my mother moving around. I went into see what the problem was. She was covered in blood. The dressings on her bottom had rolled back and she had been scratching.

It took only minutes to clean up the area and apply new dressings, but it was another night call that I could have done without. The nurse had redressed the area in the afternoon, but their dressings don't seem to hold in place as long as the ones that I put on.

I did manage to get Cag out shopping this afternoon. Marks and Sparks must have noticed the increase in their trading figuers for today. A pair of leather gloves each, and a vegetable bake from their food hall for diner tonight. Very good it was too!

Ended the day by watching Dirty Dancing again. I love that film. Thinking now who I could dirty dace with?

3 comments:

freebird said...

I can dance :-)

Seeker said...

It's good to know that you are able to escape into a completely different world for a while. Be sure to keep on dancing, even if it is only in your imagination!

Freebird, it is good to see that you are still around! I hope that all is well in your life.

S'mee said...

I can dance.... now where have I seen that before;-)

Used to dance to County Championship level, Ballroom and some Latin, in my teenage years. Knees are a bit wonky now. Still find myself foxtrotting around the house at times...... when nobody's watching.