Monday 1 October 2007

Monday, Monday.......

Monday, Monday.............. Mamas and Papas........... Seems like a lifetime away.......... And no ones getting fat 'sept Mama Cass. No salt on my tail....... either.

Hi S.D, so good to have you visit. Too many questions and too many comments to answer all at once. I felt you were, or had gone through similar thoughts as myself. It's easy to see from you writing that you are looking for something that you haven't quite found as yet............. but you will, I know you will. Felt I needed space, so hence Late at Night.

More 'me time' today. Cag's eating habits are becoming more manageable, and as I was cooking lamb steaks for my mother and I, something I knew Cag wouldn't eat, I took myself off to Supermarket to do some 'looking around' shopping, rather than shopping to a list. Slices of Aberdeen Angus beef from the deli caught my eye. I knew she would eat this, so that was dinner sorted for her.

Planning on sausages and mash tomorrow. So I bought the best there were. I'll serve them with sliced onion, that has been slowly cooked, melt in the mouth, perhaps a little hidden garlic. Some local cauli, the last of our peas, with a little gravy. Comfort food.......Mmmmmmm.

Bought another two pans today. Another 10 inch frypan and a stirfry pan that can double as a wok. Plenty big enough for anything I have planned. Now I must stop. I have all I need, probably far more than I shall ever need, but that's the nature of the beast.

At least my mind hasn't spent a lot of time pondering the future today. Dealing with the here and now is enough.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Ah, so much here, in such few words. I worry about you, and all you are going through. Knowing 'tis only going to get harder for you, but somehow sensing you will get through, you seem to have such a great lot of inner strength.

I desperately try to steer myself away from pondering the future...been a bit difficult of late...I do so want to dream just a little bit. I have the hope that I will find, whatever it is that I am looking for.

You've made my mouth water with your description of sausages and mash, and I just ate! Miss Daughter cooked...I was amazed!

What is about new cookware? It is inspiring somehow,even to me, and I am most definitely not in your league as a cook.

Another (((stand-up hug))) dear man.

S'mee said...

I fully realised the 'what ifs' that could happen, but I'm not sure others did. I always looked to the future with hope and anticipation, but a hint of reality has kicked in.

I would have loved to have had a career in cooking, but there was not the money or the appreciation in it when I was in my teens.

I'm considering a new cooker to keep the new cookware company, but space is the factor, living in a mobile home and all that.

Stand up hug returned with pleasure.