Wednesday 10 October 2007

Wednesday

Wednesday is an 'at home' day. I try not to go out but it's not always possible. I did manage it today, and seeing the weather was fine, the grass had my attention, hopefully the last cut of the year. Can't understand why it takes some people seven hours!

We had post today, despite the continuing threats of strike action from our postal heroes, I jest! Amongst it was 'the' brown envelope, an invitation to an ultra scan. Thankfully, it's at our local hospital and not at Trelisk, the main county hospital. 3.40pm on November the fifth, hopefully no fireworks for me at least.

The Community Nurse called to see my mother today and I mentioned Cag's golden rain problems. She agreed with me that most likely a spasm was the cause, and there's not much you can do about that.

Looks like I've started a trend. I've just finished building some small raised beds for vegetables next year. I was passing my neighbours today and I see they have dug over a large area of their back lawn to grow vegetables. I've emailed them a 'Dig for Victory' poster from WWII. Should bring a smile.

Cag has asked my to take her out tomorrow to an 'out of town' clothes shop. It will be another chance to take her handbag for an airing, but I bet the inside doesn't see the light of day!

No comments: