Thursday 4 October 2007

Thursday..........

I awoke early, still dark, not feeling too good. Nothing specific, just a general feeling of unwellness. A dull ache under the ribs, the area that has to be scanned. The feeling stayed with me most of the day, which was a shame, as it was such a beautiful day. Blue sky and vapour trails.

A lady from Social Care returned my call today and I told her the problem we could be facing, when I have my operation(s). As soon as I have the dates, they will call and set up some sort of care package, so it's 'wait and see' again. There won't be a lot of help from the family I'm afraid. They all live too far away.............. and the very thought of body fluids, throws them into a panic.

What a mailbox tonight. Five messages from one young lady, and 'thank you'. I shall read as you suggested, tissues at the ready.

Speaking of tissues, I bought a new brand today. They must be Trade Union Tissues. One out, all out............... no perforations! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

6 comments:

Fiona said...

And the opposite of Trade Union toilet paper is pretty awful too....those airport loos with dispensers that only allow ONE square of paper at a time and we're talking single ply!!

You make sure you look after yourself there.....don't make Sunny and I come over and sort you out ;)

freebird said...

I hope you're feeling better this morning. Otherwise I might have to tag along with Sunny and Fi!

So you have a 'young lady' stalker, eh? Good heavens! Who on earth could that be? None of those around here. ;-)

S'mee said...

Thanks for caring Fi, you're obviously and expert on airport toilets. Is there anything you don't know about? lol!!

I'm being stalked by a young lady? AT LAST! It was good to have a full mailbox with something I wanted to read, instead of the usual rubbish. And thank you, I am feeling better today Freebird. A little overindulgence was the reason I think.

Sunny Delight said...

Sometimes, even if it leaves a bit of a feeling of unwellness (is that a word?) a little overindulgence can be a good thing.

Hmmm, I like that idea Fi, we can make him take care of himself!

I am very happy you are getting things lined up, it should ease your mind a bit eh?

This American has no idea what Trade Union Tissues are, but I am thinking I prefer it that way :)

S'mee said...

Unwellness, not realy a word but it summed up how I felt at the time. Things are bound to get better;-)

S'mee said...

Trade Union, workers gathering together for the benefit of all members, to speak as one.